Techex solves problems for world-class businesses and broadcasters.
We work very closely with our customers and partners in designing, installing and supporting world class IP based video solutions. Our customers never give us the easy problems, but they do trust us to solve the tough ones.
We'll be working on an in-depth design process, and a call comes in from a broadcaster – they have an urgent requirement to cover a live event and need a solution built from scratch within hours. We never let them down.
We're a mix of technical engineers, programmers and network specialists, but we can all turn our hands to any task that is needed to move a project forward.
What’s it like to work for us?
Our team is dedicated to excellence in everything that we do. Every member of our team plays a key role in supporting the company’s operations. Admittedly, we’re perfectionists – we believe if we’re going to do anything, we should do it right, whatever our customer’s requirements.
We work with the latest network video and computing technologies – few things are as exciting as being the first people in the world to see and test a brand new product from a manufacturer.
What are we looking for?
Applicants for technical roles should have a degree or background in computing or video and a strong understanding of networking. Whilst our people must thrive in a team environment, self-motivation is an essential skill. Successful candidates will be meeting or talking with clients and suppliers on a daily basis and must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Typically, we will:
- Collaborate with partners to produce innovative solution designs
- Ensure that customer requests are documented, tracked and resolved in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and escalate and manage problems through our manufacturer partners as required
- Pro-actively diagnose, update and fix customer issues
- Have a positive customer-oriented attitude, solid verbal and written English communications skills, ability to manage priorities, and strong initiative to accomplish tasks
- Provide out of hours support where appropriate
- Travel internationally to support pre-sales and post-sales activities
We will give you:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for advancement based on contribution, not pay grades
- The chance to work with the world's major broadcasters
- Contributory pension scheme
- A fantastic environment to work where every contribution is valued
New Business Sales Manager
Techex partners with emerging technology companies who are challenging the way IP is used to move and manage video.
We treat our customers as long term partners and our value is created through our understanding of their complex problems and the application of our competences and technology to address them. We are focused on the convergence of DVB, video compression and IP and are extremely selective about the technology companies we work with. We expect our sales team to be intimate with our competencies, passionate about the technology we work with and masters of detail.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate that they can identify, target and build deep and broad relationships with new customers at all levels. They should then work with our customers to qualify the right projects within which Techex and its technology partners can shine.
The candidate will be flexible with a can do attitude and the ability to identify and present clear product/solution benefits. They should have a hunger to exceed targets, contribute to overall profitability and to enhance the positive image of Techex in the marketplace.
- Experience supporting, influencing and selling to engineers, designers, CTOs, management and procurement teams.
- Proven ability to work hand-in-hand with in-house and 3rd party technical teams, assisting translation of customer needs into technical requirements.
- Self-starter with proven business development track record.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to network within a customer organisation to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Be able to manage long (18 months+) and short sales cycles.
- An eye for detail.
- Take pride in your work.
- You feed off problem solving.
- Comfortable working in uncertainty.
- Naturally builds trust and relationships.
- A self-motivated hunter rather than a farmer.
- Ability to solution sell, empathise with customers’ needs and develop appropriate and customised value proposition.
- Drive and passion to be a key contributor in building and growing our UK business.
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning and organisation skills.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, technically focused, agile environment.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software.
- Valid driver’s license and passport.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (Engineering, Computing or Sciences preferred).
- 5+ years technical sales experience in a related field.
- Identify and prioritise new target customers.
- Proactively create contacts and build relationships in these customers.
- Qualify projects.
- Capture complex technical requirements.
- Work with Techex engineers to craft solutions.
- Passionately present and demonstrate technology and solutions to customers at all levels with an emphasis on simplicity and transparency.
- Own the full project cycle through to successful delivery and the next project.
- Build, maintain and report on large long term pipelines.
- Deliver the revenue targets against customers, verticals and manufacturers.
- Develop and manage deep technology manufacturer relationships.
- Produce and deliver against annual, quarterly and monthly sales forecasts.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through networking and consulting with the technical team.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Competitive package.
- A environment passionately committed to exceeding customers expectations..
- Inspiring customers and projects.
- Unlimited espresso!
Network Video Engineers
Techex is looking for engineers to join our customer facing technical team. In our technical team, it is essential that you have:
- A talent for problem-solving and logical thinking
- High level of competence and experience using computer systems
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux server operating systems
- Knowledge of IP networking (including TCP, SNMP, RTP, multicasting, routing)
- Ability to develop and execute test plan and test cases
- Enthusiasm and interest in leading-edge technology
If you've got some or all of the following, it would be a great help:
- Knowledge of analogue and digital audio-visual standards
- Knowledge of audio/video and media transport (DVB, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4, JPEG2000)
- Ability to use test equipment to analyse MPEG streams
- Understanding of real time transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG-TS and session protocols such as SIP and RTSP
We are looking for developers with a difference. Our unique approach means that, as well as deployed software products which we support, maintain and develop, we have a need to provide reactive, project-based development work to meet specific customer integration requirements. A project developer will need:
- Flexibility to adapt to new techniques and languages at short notice
- An understanding of code and query optimisation
- Creativity and problem-solving ability
- Ideally, knowledge of XML, AJAX and Sencha JS library
This is a great opportunity for a motivated developer with commercial and engineering interests to go beyond a traditional software development role and get involved in end-to-end systems from inception to customer support.
We're sorry, but we have chosen not to recruit via agencies so, whilst we know you work hard for your clients, please don't call us.
Please note the roles will be based out of our new office in Bracknell Berkshire: Techex's new UK headquarters