Techex solves problems for world-class businesses and broadcasters.
We work very closely with our customers and partners in designing, installing and supporting world class IP based video solutions. Our customers never give us the easy problems, but they do trust us to solve the tough ones.
We'll be working on an in-depth design process, and a call comes in from a broadcaster – they have an urgent requirement to cover a live event and need a solution built from scratch within hours. We never let them down.
We're a mix of technical engineers, programmers and network specialists, but we can all turn our hands to any task that is needed to move a project forward.
What’s it like to work for us?
Our team is dedicated to excellence in everything that we do. Every member of our team plays a key role in supporting the company’s operations. Admittedly, we’re perfectionists – we believe if we’re going to do anything, we should do it right, whatever our customer’s requirements.
We work with the latest network video and computing technologies – few things are as exciting as being the first people in the world to see and test a brand new product from a manufacturer.
What are we looking for?
Applicants for technical roles should have a degree or background in computing or video and a strong understanding of networking. Whilst our people must thrive in a team environment, self-motivation is an essential skill. Successful candidates will be meeting or talking with clients and suppliers on a daily basis and must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Typically, we will:
- Collaborate with partners to produce innovative solution designs
- Ensure that customer requests are documented, tracked and resolved in a timely manner to maintain customer satisfaction and escalate and manage problems through our manufacturer partners as required
- Pro-actively diagnose, update and fix customer issues
- Have a positive customer-oriented attitude, solid verbal and written English communications skills, ability to manage priorities, and strong initiative to accomplish tasks
- Provide out of hours support where appropriate
- Travel internationally to support pre-sales and post-sales activities
We will give you:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for advancement based on contribution, not pay grades
- The chance to work with the world's major broadcasters
- Contributory pension scheme
- A fantastic environment to work where every contribution is valued
Network Video Engineers
Techex is looking for engineers to join our customer facing technical team. In our technical team, it is essential that you have:
- A talent for problem-solving and logical thinking
- High level of competence and experience using computer systems
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux server operating systems
- Knowledge of IP networking (including TCP, SNMP, RTP, multicasting, routing)
- Ability to develop and execute test plan and test cases
- Enthusiasm and interest in leading-edge technology
If you've got some or all of the following, it would be a great help:
- Knowledge of analogue and digital audio-visual standards
- Knowledge of audio/video and media transport (DVB, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4, JPEG2000)
- Ability to use test equipment to analyse MPEG streams
- Understanding of real time transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG-TS and session protocols such as SIP and RTSP
We are looking for developers with a difference. Our unique approach means that, as well as deployed software products which we support, maintain and develop, we have a need to provide reactive, project-based development work to meet specific customer integration requirements. A project developer will need:
- Flexibility to adapt to new techniques and languages at short notice
- An understanding of code and query optimisation
- Creativity and problem-solving ability
- Ideally, knowledge of XML, AJAX and Sencha JS library
This is a great opportunity for a motivated developer with commercial and engineering interests to go beyond a traditional software development role and get involved in end-to-end systems from inception to customer support.
This role is critical to our organisation. Working closely with our Finance Director you will be expected to proactively handle all day to day accounting activities including credit control, banking, book-keeping, contract maintenance renewals, through to preparation and checking of monthly and quarterly accounts and management reporting.
This would be an ideal role for a recently qualified accountant with commercial experience, or an experienced finance person with a commercial accounting background.
The position requires a methodical, structured and self-motivated person who has excellent organisational and communication skills as well as a commercial flair. The ability to work well within a team is essential, as is the ability to think and act independently, accurately and rapidly while in a high-pressure situation. Attention to detail is a pre-requisite. Professional business appearance and behaviour is required, as is a willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ on occasions.
In addition to having a solid accounts and administration background the successful candidate should also be interested in dealing with customers and suppliers on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Management Reporting
- Foreign Exchange Forecast
- Cash flow & Treasury Management
- Bank Reconciliation
- Control Account Reconciliation
- VAT Reporting including Intrastat and EC Sales
- Credit Control
- Data Input Control
You must be:
- Accurate, flexible and have a keen eye for detail
- Have a good working knowledge of IT systems including accounts packages, MS Office etc.
- Strong MS Excel skills would be an advantage
- Self-starter and proactive thinker
We're sorry, but we have chosen not to recruit via agencies so, whilst we know you work hard for your clients, please don't call us.
Please note the roles will be based out of our new office in Bracknell Berkshire: Techex's new UK headquarters