ARQStream Encoder / Decoder (classic)
- Part#: ARQStream
- H.264 - Base, Main, High and Profile up to Level 4.1
- Video formats up to 1080p50/60, PAL & NTSC
- IP, SDI, ASI and HDMI input/output
- Supports CBR & VBR bit rates from 200kbps to 20Mbps
- Up to 4 audio channels (2 stereo pairs)
- ARQ & Pro-MPEG FEC error correction
- Compact encoder and decoder ½ width - 1RU
- Optional licensable features; 1080i, 1080p, Bi-Dir, Dual Enc
The ARQStream supports up to 1080p50/60 and 4 audio channels encoding, decoding and transcoding. It can be licensed as SD, 1080i/720p or 1080p and as either an encoder, decoder or bi-directional encoder/decoder. It supports 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SDI, ASI, HDMI and IP input/output.
The ARQStream has a unique patented Automatic Retransmission Request (ARQ) feed-back based error correction allows reliable delivery over best effort networks such as the public internet. ARQ is similar to TCP in that it informs the encoder if a packet has been lost during transit to the decoder, and requests a replacement to be sent. The benefit ARQ video transmission has over TCP video transmission is that TCP transmits an acknowledgement after each packet is received, where ARQ only transmits a negative ACK when a packet has been lost.
The device can also be powered by either an alternating or direct current.