Techex solves problems for world-class businesses and broadcasters.
We work very closely with our customers and partners in designing, installing and supporting world class IP based video solutions. Our customers never give us the easy problems, but they do trust us to solve the tough ones.
What are we looking for?
This year Techex is offering two paid sandwich placement positions.
We see an internship as a great audition for people who are looking to join our team. We are looking for students with the energy and passion and potential for us to make permanent offers to join us on completion of their studies.
Network Video Placement
Techex is looking for trainee engineers to join our technical team.
This opportunity is perfect for undergraduates from computing and engineering degrees.
In our technical team, it is essential that you have:
- Passion for leading-edge technology
- A talent for problem-solving and logical thinking
- High level of competence and experience using computer systems
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux server operating systems
- Knowledge of IP networking (including TCP, SNMP, RTP, multicasting, routing)
If you've got some or all of the following, it would be a great help:
- Knowledge of analogue and digital audio-visual standards
- Knowledge of audio/video and media transport (DVB, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4, JPEG2000)
- Ability to use test equipment to analyse MPEG streams
- Understanding of real time transport protocols such as RTP, MPEG-TS and session protocols such as SIP and RTSP
We are offering placements for developers interested in joining a small exceptionally agile team.
To be considered you will need:
- Flexibility to adapt to new techniques and languages at short notice
- An understanding of code and query optimisation
- Creativity and problem-solving ability
- Ideally, knowledge of XML, Websockets, audio/video, realtime media transport and IP networking
This is a great opportunity for a motivated developer with commercial and engineering interests to go beyond a traditional software development role and get involved in end-to-end systems from inception to customer support.
We're sorry, but we have chosen not to recruit via agencies so, whilst we know you work hard for your clients, please don't call us.
Please note the roles will be based out of our new office in Bracknell Berkshire: Techex's new UK headquarters