Manufacturer:Bridge Technologies Download VB20.pdf
- Parallel and continuous monitoring of up to 260 IP unicasts/multicasts according to ETSI TS 102 034
- MediaWindow™ visualisation technology for trending packet loss, bandwidth and jitter over up to 4 days
- Thumbnail decoding of uni/multicast IP transport streams with audio bars and metadata
- Full Service Monitoring of up to 10 network devices via built-in ICMP and HTTP query agents
- Framework called RDP for relaying any IP multicast monitored to a different IP destination for further analysis
- Functionality for record 200MB of the whole or parts of any transport stream monitored (RDP framework)
- Automatic record trigger based on up to 3 configured alarm criteria with pre fill in order to catch fault
- Framework for automatic detection of present multicast/unicast streams
- Protocol hierarchy view with bandwidth and packet count statistics for video interface
- IGMPv2/v3 protocol logging and analysis framework
- Flexible template based alarming system to allow custom configuration of what parameters result in an alarm being generated on a per-TS level
- History graphs from last 4 days of NoSignal, CC-errors, RTP-drops, RTP-duplicates, RTP-Out-of-order, Total interface bitrate, Monitored bitrate, Ethernet CRC frame errors
- One ETR290 engine automatically activated per RF/ASI input port on interface modules
- Microsoft mediaRoom X-bit RTP header extension support
- Alarm on changes to TOS/DSCP and TTL for detection of changes in network prioritization
- Time loss distance measurements according to RFC3357
- Alarm forwarding to 3rd party systems via SNMP TRAP via up to 3 unique destinations
Invaluable insight into network performance is gained by continuously monitoring important parameters such as packet jitter and MPEG packet loss due to lost or rearranged IP frames.
The MediaWindow™ historical timeline view offers trending over up to 4 days in a detailed and easy to understand manner. Whether establishing or modifying service settings on complex routers and switches, the VB20 facilitates the whole process.
The ability to monitor continuously 260 IP unicast or multicast streams with all relevant measurements logged makes the portable VB20 invaluable for field use. Its ruggedised exterior and fan-less design make this probe the perfect fault-finding tool for the mobile engineer. With full support for both the MPEG-2 TS and MFRTP encapsulation standards and all current codecs, the VB20 is the tool of choice. This is an invaluable helpmate for any network engineer attempting multicast detection on multiple VLANs or in the process of IGMP tracking. Fault finding in complex IP networks just got a lot easier.
The power of confidence monitoring is further enhanced by continuous monitoring and alarming of parameters, bandwidth overflow/underflow and signal loss. Based on a highly sophisticated threshold template system alarm granularity can be set to reflect actual status, irrelevant alarms being effectively masked. The unique FSM™ framework also allows checking and continuous monitoring of middleware and network services vital to customer QoE.
Monitor OTT/ABR streams at master play-out or at CDN origin server in all common streaming formats using the OTT option. Streaming formats supported currently include Microsoft Smoothstream™, Apple HLS™, Adobe HDS™, MPEG-DASH and basic RTMP.
SNMP trapping and XML export enable the IP-Probes to be implemented in any NMS system (with alarm generation either directly from the probes themselves, or via the VBC server for advanced alarm correlation and filtering).
Each IP-Probe runs an HTTP server with the client as a web browser, so no need to install custom software on computers needing access to the measurement data. Modern web techniques such as AJAX are used to facilitate advanced interface behaviour in a standard web browser without the need for any plug-ins.