The VB272 input card offers monitoring and analysis of QPSK/8/16/32APSK signal
- Hardware ready with two independent tuners and demodulators
- Available with 50 ohm SMA female connectors (VB272-SMA) or 75 ohm F female connectors (VB272)
- 9-pin male D-SUB alarm relay
- Supports DVB-S2 GOLD CODES, ROOT CODES and BOTH
- Energy per information bit to noise power spectral density ratio (Ebinf/N0) in dB
- Trend graphs over time for Channel Power and MER up to 2 years - requires VideoBRIDGE Controller server
The VB272 input card offers monitoring and analysis of QPSK/8/16/32APSK signals found in DVB-S/S2 satellite transponders. A chassis can be equipped with a VB120 or VB220 PROBE controller and up to two VB272 input cards under its control.
Full ETSI TR 101 290 analysis is performed on all DVB-S/S2 inputs, the ASI input and the IP input in parallel. If the VB220 PROBE is used as master card the IP monitoring capacity is increased to impressive 260 MPTS/SPTS multicasts. The VB272 DVB-S/S2 card is delivered with one input and the second input can be enabled by a simple license upgrade.
Together with the VB120 or VB220 controller the operation of the VB272 is via an intuitive web interface, a gui providing a graphical overview of scanning status and ETR290 TS data as well as a full constelation diagram of the transponder together with all relevant RF levels.
The combined unit is ideal for hybrid networks where IP is used as a carrier from head-end to the satellite uplink station. The built-in round-robin functionality allows sequential analysis of multiple VB-S/S2 multiplexes, making it possible to monitor a complete transponder using a single VB272 interface card.
The VB272 also comes equipped with full power/tone control of RF input switches and can also use the DISEqC 1.1 protocol for additional switch control. With support for modern modulation types as 16 or 32 APSK, the VB272 is future proof. The VB272 is delivered with standard 75 Ohm F-Connectors or as an optional factory ordered VB272-SMA with 50 Ohm SMA Connectors.