CABSAT 2012 Launch of Appear TV End-To-End Head-End Architecture
Appear TV, a leading global provider of next-generation head-ends for broadcast and IP television, today announced that it will be showcasing its advanced encoding and transcoding platform at CABSAT 2012 (stand S2-C13, Dubai 28 Feb – 1 March, 2012). The Middle East launch of Appear TV’s real-time encoding and transcoding functionality ensures that its diverse range of modular head-end solutions provide ultra high density and truly flexible end-to-end architecture for the regions cable, satellite, terrestrial broadcasters and IP network video operators.
“Visitors to CABSAT will be able to see firsthand how we are providing broadcasters and network operators with the industry’s most flexible head-ends on the market today,” said Carl Walter-Holst, CEO, Appear TV. “The modular design of our head-ends makes them inherently simple to upgrade, to provide any new functionality required when rolling out new business models and services. This is particularly important in such a vibrant, advanced and rapidly growing market as the Middle East.”
CABSAT will see the Middle East launch of Appear TV’s MPEG-2 and H.264 AVC Multi format encoder and transcoder modules. These solutions are integrated with the Appear TV carrier-class 1RU and 4RU chassis to meet the region’s demand for powerful and integrated end-to-end head-end solutions capable of taking any input and providing any output.
The advanced features of Appear TV head-end solutions include:
- Central, regional & edge of network operation for cable, terrestrial, satellite & IP based delivery networks
- Fully integrated & versatile modular platform architecture allows operators to customise and scale the head-end for today and tomorrow
- Comprehensive I/0 signal interfaces with powerful Transport Stream processing capability & multiplexing
- High density decoding & descrambling for redistribution and service grooming
- Higher order modulation for all carriers & high capacity IP streaming
- Broadcast quality, high channel density multi format transcoding & encoding
- Multiple level redundancy, hot swap functionality integrated in 1 or 4RU carrier class chassis incorporating a web-based control UI.