Manufacturer:Nevion Download videoipath_overview.pdf
- Tightly integrated with Nevion’s nSure portfolio
- Overlay application for in-service monitoring
- Out-of-the-box alarm monitoring for Nevion installations
- Support for third-party integration
- Migration path from traditional to next-generation IP networks (using SDN technology)
- Enable non-specialist users to manage services on-demand
- Proven solution for large, medium and small networks
Nevion’s VideoIPath Maestro is a comprehensive service and network management system that provides connection management, service assurance and network inventory capabilities for service providers and broadcasters. The system may be used for managing a variety of networks ranging from international or national contribution networks to broadcast facility or campus infrastructures.
Service fulfillment functionality provides a continuous awareness of the availability of all network resources and the means to connect these resources together from source to destination. Service assurance offers the capability of monitoring services across the entire media network, to detect faults and zoom onto their root cause.
Nevion’s VideoIPath is designed to make it easy to manage traditional and IP-based media networks; enabling users to achieve their objectives in a quick and simple way.
- Provisioning of services (connection management) for wide area, metro or local media networks
- Recording and maintenance (network inventory) of all network resources detected by the system
- Monitoring of network resources and correlation with on-going services (service assurance)
A key aspect of VideoIPath is that it uses Software Defined Networking (SDN) for management of the intermediate network infrastructure used to transport media services. SDN is making in-roads into media networks, as it delivers the deterministic and scalable performance required for the transport of media services. The combination of endpoint control and SDN provides a unique solution for end-to-end control of media services.
The VideoIPath SDN solution has many applications from control of contribution networks to production and broadcast infrastructures. One example is SDN controlled IP routing as a replacement for traditional baseband routing, which provides the same workflow that broadcasters are used to from the baseband environment, without the complexity involved in managing an IP network infrastructure.
The platform provides modern REST based APIs for north-bound integration with existing OSS and BSS systems. The system supports both Nevion and a variety of third-party devices via its flexible southbound APIs. New third-party devices are integrated on a per project basis using a software development kit maintained by Nevion.
The system is based on a common software platform running on virtual or dedicated server hardware. The system consists of different modules that may be licensed separately and combined to form a deployment for a specific purpose.
VideoIPath offers state-of-the art Web based user interfaces that are designed with specific attention to ease-of-use placing the operator in focus. The platform is based on a distributed computing platform offering high-availability and a role-based security model.
VideoIPath greatly simplifies the provisioning, monitoring and inventory of media networks, resulting in:
- Increase revenue through more effective use of network resources and the ability to transport more content
- Save operating costs through automation of complex processes and self-service to quickly establish services on-demand
- Increase profits by collapsing service set up and tear down—fast turnaround and short-term events become practical
- Achieve a high degree of flexibility and assured, high-quality delivery
- Service fulfillment and assurance without need for detailed knowledge about each network element involved
- Open approach that encourages interaction with third-party equipment and management systems