EDGE is designed to provide protection and monitoring for Tier 1 broadcast content between facilities, ingress and egress to and from the cloud and between other software transformation processes.
- SMPTE 2022-7 seamless input with per path statistics
- SRT RTP header passthrough allowing 1+1 paths followed by 2022-7 seamless protection
- BISS-2 scrambling and descrambling with seamless odd/even key transition
- Threshold based input redundancy with support passive or active backup sources
- ETR290 Priority 1, Priority 2 & Priority 3
- UDP and RTP output with packet pacing and launch delay offset
- Grafana native driver for correlated monitoring of all software components
- Floating centralised license model with both OPEX and CAPEX options
- Debugging tools - top talkers & PCAP
- HLS input and output
- CORE - Centralised control and monitoring capable of controlling and monitoring through firewalls and presenting a northbound REST control and monitoring API
- CORE - High availability horizontally scalable cluster based control and monitoring capable of managing tens of thousands of EDGEs.
- CORE has a REST API with existing integrations with ATOS BNCS and Skyline Dataminer
- CORE supports local, LDAP, SAML and Azure AD authentication
EDGE is a high-performance gateway designed to provide transport protection and monitoring for critical broadcast services. EDGE supports UDP, RTP, SRT, RTSP VTTP and HLS inputs and UDP, RTP, SRT, HLS VTTP and RTMP outputs. EDGE supports 2022-7 input protection from both RTP and SRT inputs, dual 2022-7 output creation with independent path delay and threshold based input failover to both active and passive inputs. Each service passing through an EDGE is subject to a full ETR290 analysis and have a thumbnail extracted. EDGE can be deployed on bare metal, virtualised or as containers. EDGE Instances are monitored and controlled through by a CORE server.
EDGE makes spawning hundreds of single-stream light-weight edgelets on demand seamlessly effortless.
Lightweight Virtual Pipes
Real Time Information
EDGE also has optional deep integration with LDAP servers, that incorporates both users (with extensive filtering) and security groups for permissions.
Full REST API
Quick and easy to deploy in the cloud, on a server or a PC, EDGE can be controlled individually using a web interface/API or centrally through Techex’s MWCore control platform for use in MCRs. Internet becomes a reliable and cost-effective delivery mechanism with EDGE. Its optimised implementation of SRT can deliver 5Gbps per server for highly scalable, encrypted transport over imperfect networks. Uniquely, EDGE maintains RTP integrity when using SRT, therefore SMPTE ST2022-7 seamless switching still works. The result is incredible resilience with packet loss in either path healed by SRT and any packets still missing, being recovered through 2022-7 using path diversity.
Detailed statistics expose the health of the IP stream/the transport stream through built-in ETR 290 monitoring, as well as network health information such as network loss. EDGE is in use between Tier-1 broadcasters and broadcast rights-holders to deliver high-value sports content in an auditable, secure and reliable manner. EDGE both reduces the cost of video transport allowing broadcasters to use better-value connectivity and gives them the control and oversight they need.